Feb 27, 2013

Master Suite touches

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday
I may figure out Mr. Linky sometime soon.  It should come back to me easily.  Here is this weeks free-cycle/re-cycle projects.
 
I have been working in the Master Suite since before we took possession of our new to us home 2 yrs ago.  I purchased a found object for 1/2 price, $50 and off I went on my newest tangent.  I have built the room up over time.  If you saw the canopy treatment I gave up to move...this would make sense to ya. 
It is an ornamental window salvage piece.  My Aunt helped me add my favorite fabrics and find the right floral swags to intertwine.  I lurv it!!  This all hangs above my bed.

Once that was all up, I set my sights in our bathroom.  It is white on white & beige all over.  Hubby thought I was crazy but helped me recently with a curtain treatment.  I bought the panel like 1 yr ago at World Market clearance for $12.  It has been waiting in my closet for it's reveal day.  I dug into my vintage door knob collection to hang the panel.  We used a scrap of trim from our prev house as the backer-board.
Here she is with 1 knob mounted.
Here is the much prized collection of old...funky knobs, aka..vintage thingies.  The curtain panel has large wooden rounds at the top to hook around the knobs. 
In place and up close.  I love the patina of found objects and the history and the re-inventing.
Even Hubby is suprised how much he likes it.
A little perspective.  The mirror wall makes the color double.
Sweet lil Bird Tassel to tie back the curtain.
sad reminder of the desperate need I had to fill the space.

To see what others are doing to color their world:
 
 


Bloomin, DeniseMarie






 

8 comments:

  1. Denise, I love metal ornament thingie and how you decorated it over your bed.
    I think the bathroom with the funky knobs are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. I am hosting a blog link up and would love for you to come and join us. You can link up 3 different posts a week so come on over! BTW, I am your newest follower (hope you will return the favor).
    http://countrifiedhicks.blogspot.com/2013/02/mondays-with-countrified-hicks-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas that you have used very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute thing to do with old door knobs. I've made towel racks with them but never thought of a curtain holder. Neat!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Denise Marie...I have had so much fun visiting your lovely blog. You and I have so many things in common. First and best is that we love the Lord! He is so good to us! Secondly, we are the momma of two boys. Mine are all grown up now with little ones of their own. Thirdly, we have big old health issues. I read that you have Fibromyalgia. I am so sorry. I was diagnosed with fibro several years ago but then it was discovered that I have multiple sclerosis (relapsing-remitting). In the beginning it was quite severe but over time it has leveled out and a lot of people don't even know that I have it. I have been in remission for a long time and am so grateful.
    Your vintage door nob collection is wonderful and is the perfect thing to hang your drapes. It is such a clever touch!
    I look forward to surprising you with something that's just up your alley for Sue's Easter Swap.
    Have a happy day,
    Blessings,
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a super cute idea. You've got some great vintage knobs to work with...awesome! Thanks so much for linking up to my Homemaking Linkup! Hope you're having a great week so far.

    Blessings,
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your collection of door knobs and how you've used them. Very clever, looks great. A great way to use your window box above your bed with such pretty fabric. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete

Be blessed! You make my life more full of JOY!