Apr 4, 2012

sink cabinet

We finished the sink cabinet for my classroom.  At Big Lots this past week, I found the only roll of contact paper in the store with kitchie, retro strawberries and snagged it up for the 3 year olds viewing pleasure. :D


I scoured my Hancock Fabrics for something that had bright, cheery and playful fabric...I think I found it...what do you think? lol  I will beg my Momma to help me make tie back panels for the front of the cabinet and maybe a kitchie towel too.  We have kinda a froggie thing going in our room.  And...we sing a song about the 5 lil river frogs floating on the river logs.

Can you remember the before of the stove and sink?  The faucet was birch, black and olden metal.  When I saw this bright silver can I knew I'd use it but it finally hit me to have the whole piece go silver and I think we nailed it.  I retired my shelf liner that got me thru 1/2 the school year.  I love it still.  It is on their shelves that are in the living center still.

 I love the way the faucet turned out.  And, check out the towel ring.  I looked over yesterday and the lil rascals had stuck a potted flower in that ring. lol  The living center changes every 2 weeks into a Dino bone lab...insect science lab, flower shop, pet grooming area...who knows.  They LOVE it!!
Every morning that they arrive they run to the living center to discover our newest set-up.  It is always a big hit.  This was a very rewarding effort for Hubby and I to under-take.

I am in the throws of preparing my own dining room for Easter Supper.  Pics soon.

3 comments:

  1. this is wonderful and will give tons and tons of memories and good time! APPLAUSE and APPAWS!!! : ) hugs...make yourself a smoothie -- you deserve it!!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I'd have loved this little living center as a little one... Pretending is so much fun, isn't it? Many kids now are so connected to electronics that there isn't a lot of time leftover for daydreaming and make believe. What a great start you're giving these little ones.

    Blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that! My two year old grandson has a "manly" dark wood kitchen and loves it! Happy Sunday!...hugs...Debbie
    PS...I've emailed you a surprise! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Be blessed! You make my life more full of JOY!