Apr 27, 2010

Moms totally rock

Awake, north wind, and come, south wind!
Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread abroad.
Song of Solomon 4:16

Moms work and toil in their gardens making everything fragrant and beautiful to behold.
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:19
Moms who lean on the Lord have all good things given unto them to bless their households and beloved.

Your mother was like a vine in your vineyard planted by the water; it was fruitful and full of branches because of abundant water.
Ezekiel 19:10
A praying Mother blesses their children in the soul and brings abundance into every aspect of their children's lives.
Thinking a lot of being a Mother and all the blessings, heartaches and leaning on the Lord that it takes to do it.  Is it not amazing how much we love these kids?!  It makes me think of how much the Lord loves us and watches over us and gives us every good thing and longs to be near us.  My almost 13 year old has to be in just the right mood to cuddle or allow me to touch him or say back that he loves me too.  It is such a picture of God and how he longs for constant fellowship with us...his beloved.

Thinking too of my mother.  Having fun with the Mother's Day Swap.  My momma still calls me every single day at 4:00pm when she gets in her car to drive home from work.  She's gotta know I'm ok and that the day is going good.  I am fighting fibromyalgia and she prays and worries over me.

 
My dear G'ma Julia, me and my Momma, Leona

A Mamma's love....only 2nd to our Father...in Heaven!!

I'd love to highlight an awesome Mom.  I won the sweetest cupcake pin-cushion from her.  It came in a sweet lil box and was such a delight to receive. The Lord knew I wanted 1 and wasn't gonna make it for myself so...I won this.

Yes, I'm gonna stab it with cute pins..but I loves it!!

My dear new bloggie buddy is...Heather at Me Making Do.  She has amazing crafting skills and is very generous with photos and instructions.  She is the Mother to 7 blessed children!!

xox, DeniseMarie

tagging in at:
3 or more Tuesday with Tam at The Gypsy's Corner

Gratitude Wednesday with Heidi at Heart and Home 

8 comments:

  1. Nice post, DeniseMarie! And I love your outdoor projects, too! Very nice looking chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mothers ... yes, as one myself I can attest that we are AWESOME. :-)
    No, seriously-- it's the world's toughest job, sometimes the most thankless, and yet the absolute BEST gig in the universe.
    I LOVE being a mother, even when my kids cause me sleepless nights, terrors, and totally empty my wallet. Love 'em, and love the special partnership with the Lord that is Motherhood.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. DeniseMarie, What a beautifulpost. My Mother is gone, but I think of her and wish she were still here for me to talk to.
    Treasure your time together. Congrats on winning the darling pin cushion.

    BArbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet post - I agree that yes indeed Moms are special, and have hard work to do! How nice that yours is still around and you speak with her every day.
    Thanks for the link today!
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sweet comments Denise, I'm so glad you like your pin cushion. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pink roses are so lovely as you and your Mother! How wonderful to have a Mother! I love your article about Mother's! Such a lovely day spent with your son. Now the pin cushion is darling! I was looking for one to day and had to use a piece of ribbon, lol until my studio gets done and unpacked. Thank you for the sweet comments and trying to find me a pieces of my Cracker Barrel dishes. So sweet of you. Thank You so much!

    ReplyDelete

Be blessed! You make my life more full of JOY!