Sep 2, 2009

A turkey, a fleur de lis and a duck lake?

Hey gang! It must be Thursday with a title like this, right? Please join HomebodyHolly for Thriftstore Thur, Coloradolady for Vintage Thingy Thur and Leigh for her 32nd Thrifty Thur on TalesfromBloggeritavile for even more fun. Just click my top side buttons to see other cool treasures.

Gobble til ya wobble. It was LOVE at 1st sighting! I got this at a thrift/junk shop this summer. It was $2. It has Made in Japan etched on back. I love to trade out my platters in the kitchen often. I'd love to know just how vintagy this is? The coloring of the turkey feathers is an olden technique.



This next thing I found recently at Goodwill near my home. It is an unusual Fleur De Lis that I'm not sure how or if to paint yet (you'll learn that even though I have it here...I don't rush for the spray can). I knew it would go great with this picture my mom gave me that hangs in the "water closet". I gave $5. It is heavy.




This watercolor painting was LOVE at first sighting too!! I got it at an antique/junk shop close by a few yrs. ago. We had just been to Duck Town, Tennessee at a 2 story rental on a lake that looked exactly like this painting. I splurged for like $27. It was a sentimental purchase...what can I say. It is marked Glasgow, W2 with a gold chippy frame. It reminds me of how our boys looked in the life vests and rowing around the lake in the "free" usage of all the boats they had. And, the hikes we took around the lake. Awwww, memories.



I can't wait til I'm fever free and can decorate for Fall/Autumn around here. Ya'll come back soon and see how I'm bloomin' right here where God planted me.

Edited NOTE: I got a message yesterday when I was letting the fever get me down and it made me happy again. I won a give-away over at AnythingGoesHere!! My 1st win! I can't wait to get my copy of Blogging For Bliss...I'll be sure to share info. xox!

30 comments:

  1. great finds! Love the fleur de lis!
    thanks for following my blog!
    and.... congrats for winning joan's contest! woooohooo!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds! I especially like the fleur de lis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turkey platter is absolutely gorgeous!I love it! And that fleur de lis is definitely not your ordinary, everyday one. Very fancy! And the watercolor is so pretty, and if it sparks fond memories, then it was well worth the price! I love it all!
    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gold picture frame and the turkey plate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not paint that fleur de lis! It looks perfect the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have assembled a real nice group for your post today. I enjoyed seeing and reading about each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fleur de lis has a nice patina and shading that would be lost under a coat of paint. And just think, less work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! I love the turkey platter! The design and colors are everything I love! And for only $2.00!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Bea...don't paint the fleur de lis! It makes that arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love,love the turkey platter, and the fleur de lis is gorgeous where it is. Don't change a thing. Happy VTT..have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely finds! I hope you will get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what treasures!!..i love that turkey platter :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great price on that platter. I have been searching estate sales for one like that and they are always priced more than I am willing to pay. Yours is really nice. Great job and great price. Have a great weekend and a Happy VTT!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that platter. Perfect for this time of year. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your platter. What a bargain! Get well soon :-)

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Guess what? Yesterday at the thrift store I had that exact platter in my hot little hand. It was $4, but I put it back in favor of the bedskirt, since I was over budget already.
    I'm thinking I may regret that move.
    Thanks for joining :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your win. Great finds. Hope you are feeling better.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Living it up Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Denise,
    Congrats! Yay! I'm so happy you won the blogging book. You will really enjoy it.

    ~Wow! Now you know I am just so thrilled with your fleur-did-lis you found! It's GORGEOUS! What a fabulous deal and it looks so well made.
    ~Beautiful platter as well.

    Have a wonderful Holiday weekend.
    ~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The turkey platter is SWEET! It's a knockoff of the Spode turkey pattern -- I think it is called "His Majesty" but I am not sure. Love that platter!

    And that watercolor "print" -- are you sure it's a print? It looks to me as if it might be an original.
    Just a thought....
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  20. The fleur de lis is just perfect 'as is.' Even in an internet pic, I can see the shadings and gradations of the color, and it's just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You find the BEST stuff! I love the platter - we had one like that growing up!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. the fleur de lis looks great as it is, but if you do decide to paint it, try the "stone textured paint"

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your fleur de lis! It is very unique and absolutely fabulous! Great finds!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic platter ... especially for that price! I agree that the fleur-de-lis looks great as it is, and the painting is beautiful!

    Thanks for the thoughtful comment you left for me. No, I never heard of Duck Town, but if it's near Chattanooga, I'm sure it's a beautiful place!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cool turkey platter. Neat Fleur De Lis.

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that watercolor! And I think the fluer-de-lis looks great without paint.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Denice Marie,

    Love that Fleur de lis!!

    Watercolor is beaustful, but love the frame even more. (me and my frames you know). =0))

    Thanks for coming by to see my thrift and vintage finds.
    Great idea about the squirrel pic in the Fall display. I'm just getting ready to get things out. (alhtough i'm not sure with the destruction (oh i meant construction) going on at the store i can even get into that room!!

    Busy crafing too.
    Have a surprsie for next week!!

    Blessings,

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  28. Some fabulous finds there :) I especially love your painting of Scotland.
    Congrats on the win. Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's all lovely! I think I would leave the fleur as is.

    ReplyDelete
  30. BARGAINS! LOVE the fleur! And the plate w/ turkey. Those are quite collectable. You got a steal! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week, my friend!
    Leigh, Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Be blessed! You make my life more full of JOY!