Jul 13, 2009

take a dunkin' kid


My dear son, Nathan, was baptized yesterday and I'm still over-joyed about it. He was so proud and loved having friends and family over afterward. The time was finally right for him. He's been wanting it for about 2 years and you can imagine momma was wondering what the Lord was doing making him wait and pant for the occassion to be perfect. It was my mom's 1st Sunday off in years too. If I ever figure out that God knows way better than I do and learn to relax and enjoy the time in-between, well I'd just be a whole nother person.

I just got my 1st month of Guidepost magazine and already found a great saying to post here:
"If things are tough, remember that every flower that ever bloomed had to go through a whole lot of dirt to get there." -Barbara Johnson
God loves dirt and brings beautiful flowers and fruits up out of it. I guess we better get use to our hands having some mudd on them. :-)

1 comment:

  1. It's a wonderful thing to see your child follow Christ's example. Thanks for sharing.

    You must have tried to link in too late. It's closed now. Blue Monday is only on Mondays, from midnight EST.

    I hope to see you next Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Be blessed! You make my life more full of JOY!