Mar 31, 2010

Eastery decor that's out

Well, 1 thing you'll learn about Beagle Run Cottage is we don't get all in a fuss about being perfect around here.  I try to put my best foot forward but usually am too busy trying to catch up on laundry.  I'm totally and utterly surrounded by perfection here in the Nasa Bay Area!!  I'm a mis-fit toy!!  Here is what I managed to put out.  I seem to always dream bigger than I can achieve.

I enjoyed most of the day out in the backyard on Monday.  We had a teacher~in~service day and me and lil guy picnic'd and sat out in the beautiful weather. 

I stuck a bunny from the front yard back here by my backdoor in this fun Spring planter.  I used the 2 cotton bowls that have been out here since fall.  Look at Jack Beagle watching the fun.  He wants that bunny.

Here comes Peter Cottontail...hoppin' down the bunny trail..
Hippity...Hoppity...Easter's on it's way!

Still in works but getting closer to spring decor here at my backdoor.

I love this tiny vignette to the left of my craft room desk.

At my front door.  Can ya'll see why I never get to show you this tabletop in perfection...it never happens?  I can only seem to perfect 1 little vignette at a corner at a time.  I have to keep a candy dish up here to keep the dozen neighbor kids from running all thru my house.  They all think they live here or something.
Looks like the Easter tree is not gonna happen this season even with all ya'lls gorgeous posts and my new egg house ornament.

I thought I'd put that lamb's ear in this lamb but instead I put some allysum.
The same day I played in the backyard I was making bunny baskets!!
I love to get gifts together.  The 2 bunnies went to prayer partners.
I have 2 "dumpster dives" to show ya'll today.  This potting bench was 2 doors down at the curb and I made hubby help me drag it to Beagle Run Cottage a number of years ago.

I stopped at my fav cottagey curb on the way home from baseball batting cages last night and put this in the back of my vehicle.  LOL!!  It looks just as aged as my door.  I still need to work all the details out here.  I want to hang a sign on it...BLOOM
I hid this little bowl in my craftroom so I would NOT put it in a basket to give.  We need some chocolate around here too.  I heard some bunny nibbles while oldest was waiting for carpool to show and now I realize he probably took a cadbury egg and I KNOW he ate a fruit roll-up.  I saw the paper fodder after he was gone.
Sneaky, naughty rabbit...kinda like our naughty beagle who eats the cat's food.  I better hide that little bowl better. 
Glare alert.  My high school friend stitched this and got bored of it.
It makes me think of this scripture I have on a t-shirt:
Behold, I tell you a mystery: 
We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.
                                ~1 Cor. 15:51
Now, my dears, you may go into the fields or down the lane, but don't go into Mr. McGregor's garden.
I got this sweet little picture for $1 at a resale shoppe.  The Potter image is on porcelain
I captured a bunny to mesmerize me when I'm sitting on the couch.  You'd think I'd get up and worry over the messy bookshelves and superglue the IKEA cabinet door back on.  Not happening yet.

Well, forgive the dust bunnies and unpreparedness and you'll be welcome to Beagle Run Cottage any ol' time!  Even when I know for weeks that I have a party date coming..no hoppin' around happenin'...

That's all Peeps!!
looks like they are building a pyramid to escape out the top hatch.
xox, DeniseMarie

Memes to delight your heart:
Lynette's LAM blog, Easter Decor Day

Wednesday Grattitude at Heart and Home with Heidi

Me and My bucket with Jessica


9 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like every corner of our cottage is ready for Easter - very cheerful, indeed. I especially loved your Easter baskets you put together and that little picture of McGregor's garden, but everything is just lovely. Have a wonderful day and thank you for sharing with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise Marie,
    You've got Easter coming at you from every nook and cranny! I really need to get with it, or else get you to come over and do it for me! All the little vignettes you've creataed really say "spring"! Nice job.
    I'm so happy I managed to get some plants in this weekend, and the girls put the eggs on the curly willow that we use as an "Easter tree" last night. But still, there is so much more to do! I'm looking at recipes right now, and going to get the hubby to shop for me, I think! that will be very interesting.....
    Thanks for stopping by my friend. Have a good week,and a lovely Easter if I'm not by again before then.
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl..I'm so glad I'm following you. I just love everything you have shared here...Love the trash you picked up..oh my goodness girl!! LOVE LOVE them.

    Enjoyed all the vignettes you made. I love your taste, it's so me,,LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute decorations! Really love that old chair you found!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your laid back attitude and how you showed what you've accomplished anyway! I think it is great and seasonal decorating is not something to stress about but rather do as much or as little as you want. You've done a super job and I enjoyed my visit here!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty Easter lovlies you have shared with us today!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely witty post! I consider "dust bunnies" a vital part of Easter decor, don't you? I esp. like your chimenea (sp?) - how creative and the cotton you have tucked in and around your planters!

    Thanks for joining me in my first Easter Decor Day and Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is all just fabulous!!! my very favorite photos are of the fantastic iron table at the back door and the old chair turned planter! your work shows how creative you are! Happy Easter Friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. I happened across your Blog while visiting Lynette's Lam Blog. I loved this post very much. You have a lovely, beautiful blog. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Be blessed! You make my life more full of JOY!