Aug 20, 2010

Pink & Blue Goodness


None of them are 100% complete but here are the countdown matchboxes that will have some pink on them for the swap at A Swap for All Seasons.  My favorite came together unexpectedly.  Cookies for Santa: I paroosed thru my scrapbook stickers and found the milk and cookie stickers, used a graduation announcement pink sparkle background to cut my heart out and used baby beads to spell To Santa. 
Fun!!
Some of my creations are plain ol' snowy fun, some reverent, some childlike.  Hey...that is a pile of snowballs with the Get Crazy polar bear and penguin, not polar bear poop. lol
And, I kinda got too many pink tennis balls for the Christmas morning puppy. :0)
You can see the PINK on her gown irl.
But...you can really see lots of BLUE on most of them too.
If I knew how to put music on this post ya'll would have to listen to..."All I want for Christmas is a Hippopotamus!"  hahahaha  Did ya notice the FLUFFY with the Hippo stuffed animal sticker?  My youngest loved Hippos when he was younger.
To see a little more about this project check out my Christmas blog,

Edit Detail: these are plain ol' matchboxes from Dollar Tree.  You'd have to buy 3 pks of 10 to have enough for an ADVENT countdown.  They were stashed in the kitchen utencil area when I found them.
KIDS LOVE THIS PROJECT.  SONS FRIENDS KEEP COMING IN AND WANTING TO DO IT!

Linky fun:

...with Cindy at My Romantic Home 

...come enjoy the Pink Parade with Beverly at
How Sweet the Sound.

Happy Blue Monday with Smiling Sally



xox, DeniseMarie

11 comments:

  1. Hi, these are just adorable! I've never seen anything like this before...very cuteeee! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely adorable!!! Great job!
    Have an awesome weekend!
    Blessings,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, you continue to amaze me with your creative talents. If I were only so blessed. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise,
    If you'd like you can link this up as a darling collection on I Owe it All to Him....If you scroll down my page (under the first post where you were) you will see the Link event...It's real easy...I know people would love to see this!
    Hugs,
    Cindy
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these match boxes... very cute!!! it's such a fun idea to decorate these up...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun swap-Happy ps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is about the fanciest match box I ever saw. Those would make cute little favor gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are just darling! I'm amazed at all the craft ideas on my Peeps' blogs.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pink Saturday - these look like fun and like they would make lovely gifts to make with my daughters for their friends - where did you find the boxes? are they matchboxes?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so talented!

    Happy Blue Monday, DeniseMarie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the matchboxes , They make me smile!Great Job !
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Be blessed! You make my life more full of JOY!