Feb 22, 2013

Spring touches

I am taking down the Valentine's banners I made this year and replacing them with Clovers and burlap.  I have to carve out moments when I can during pre-Spring baseball!!

I hit a mother-load clearance at Hobby Lobby after Christmas in their fabric section.  I would have just pushed a cart of the rolled up remnants right to check out if I was a serious sew`er!!  But, I am just a crafter so I picked a few out of each cart they had.  There were about 4 carts FULL.  I was able to make my Valentine's banner with the glittered red felt piece I found.  This is bright green terry fabric and burlap.  I found the clovers last Summer on clearnace at Hancock's Fabric.

I found a package of 10 glittery shamrock's at Kroger's clearance sometime?  I love to find after event clearance there.  Usually while I am getting Nate his breakfast biscuits in the frozen food section. lol

25 cents..& 3 diff sizes and colors.   I'll use that up in a snap.  Gotta head up to the boys bathroom mirrors to see if they left their Val banners Momma made them up.  Check this out:


Can't wait to replace the Val banners for them with these images being the centerpoint of whatever I manage to create.  Oldest is a 10th grader pitching for Varsity today!!  My 7th grader is SOooo nervous.  They have yet to announce the final Shot and Disc Team!!  We thought he made team but there are more cuts coming and he gets all worked up!!  Poor Guy...Momma has been talking it up to him as his kinda events for a few years now.  I need to fix the print-out but you get the idea.
 
Anyways...I have 1 hanging in place..
 
Something to cheer the boys as they race up the stairs for some down-time.

Joining in at:
Show n Tell Friday

Bloomin....may all your clovers have 4 leafs,

DeniseMarie



 

2 comments:

  1. So cute. I want to do a bunting. Great idea. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn I just said that I wasn't going to do anything for St Pat's - now you put me to shame:)

    ReplyDelete

Be blessed! You make my life more full of JOY!