Nov 2, 2010

owner of 2 homes

Well, we have possession of 2 homes now and are working hard to est. the new place yet get the old place straightened up for sale.  We are extremely humbled by this move.  We wanted a gameroom and pool for the boys and their friends and the youth group of our church.  I believe God was pleased that we said we'd open our homes to the youth.  He made a way where there seemed NO way.  Immediately, the neighbors almost formed a parade of welcome!!  Our baseball friends live all around us now.  I kept thinking that this is the wrong direction for us to go!!  I am NOT high fallootin'!!  But, Hubby coaches these boys and I pray for their schools so I guess I'll get out of my comfort zone.


Now, we just have to work fast and smart to get Beagle Run Cottage sold so the neighbors will be blessed with the family that will love our home as much as we did.
This was my favorite nook of the house.  Both boys had their nursery in this room and we will stage it as a playroom.  Nate confiscated it from me.  I use to have my craft room here while he was bunking with brother in another room. lol  Jack beagle is glad to come with us.

9 comments:

  1. I think it's so wonderful that you are making the young kids welcome in your new home! It's people like you that are going to keep these kids out of trouble, by giving them something to do and somewhere to hang out. And I'm praying for you, that your other home sells quickly, and becomes a roof over another family's head real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the very best!
    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for you and of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything is going well so far! Hope your other home sells super fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl you will be known as the cool house on the block..not because of the pool or pool table..but because of your love for the kids and your open house policy for their friends to be at your home. You would be surprised how many parents want their children to go elsewhere..they don't want their own kids around.Sad but true. Great Christian families are hard to find for Kids to hang out with.
    Looking forward to the new beginnings! Will be praying for the sale of the house.
    Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise Marie,
    Remember me, Carey, from Chicory Nits? I still have your cotton balls displayed and think of you often. Congrats on the new home. I would love to purchase a new home with a place for me 3 boys to have a hang out room and a room just for my crafts and dollhouses. I will be blogging again soon. Missed you!
    Love ya,
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you will be there for the kids of your church. You will be a blessing to them. Looking forward to more when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The grand entrance is beautiful. what a great thing that you are opening it to welcome the youth. It will be great for you boys too. There will be no need to be out at all hours since they will have plenty to do in their new home. God has blessed you with a beautiful home and a beautiful family.

    I will pray that your other house sells promptly. Hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your beagle ! I have a beagle and she looks so much like yours. Her name is wiggles and she is going on 5 yrs. She is spoiled rotten.I have a beautiful cat also. Happy thanksgiving. Veronica from n.c.

    ReplyDelete

Be blessed! You make my life more full of JOY!